Bath & Coat Care Specialty Workshop
Building on the Cat Care & Grooming Essentials Workshop, this specialty session take a deeper dive into the fundamentals of creating a safer, kinder & happier bath time for your and your feline best friend at home.
Guided Hands-on Bath & Fluff
From preparing your cat's coat for bath to introducing water the low-stress way, this is a closely guided session with you and your cat to explore and customise a low-stress yet efficient bath time that you can apply at home.
Skin & Coat Management
Learn to read coat types and explore common skin-related issues to confidently identify and manage your cat's skin and coat's needs.
Humane Grooming Application
Take a dive into the Science of Safety to understand & meet the unique emotional needs of your cat. Learn & apply hands-on low-stress approaches to reduce grooming stress and anxiety for you and your feline friend.
From Tools to Shampoo
Get all your questions regarding picking the right tools and choosing grooming products according to the specific needs of your cat - answered.
‣ Evidence-based humane grooming concepts & application
‣ Bath & dry theory & practical with your cat
‣ Coat types & needs identification
‣ Coat management for effective bath & dry
‣ Explore & identify common skin-related issues
‣ Tools & coat-specific products selection
‣ Combing & deshedding
Who should join
Caregivers who want to build confidence in showering and caring for their cat's coat & hygiene at home in a safe, low-stress way. No prior experience or qualification needed. Session can be taken as a standalone or an add-on to the Cat Care & Grooming Essentials Workshop.
A 2 or 3 hour*, hands-on & interactive session. Each session is kept at only 2 sign-ups for maximum guidance by Desmond Chan, Certified Feline Master Groomer & Fear-Free Certified Professional.
*2-hr for domestic short-haired
*3-hr for all other coats
General Workshop Details
Course Duration: 1 session x 2 hours (Domestic Shorthair Workshop), or 3 hours (All Other Coats Workshop)
Class Size: 2 Sign-ups
Venue: Hey Good Cat @ 290R Joo Chiat Road
Fees: $190 (Domestic SH) / $220 (All other breeds)
Each sign-up is entitled to 1 set of:
‣ Class notes & additional reading notes
‣ Usage of pet grooming tool set during workshop
‣ Certificate of Participation upon completion
‣ 10% off pet grooming tools
‣ 10% off subsequent workshop
Class Requirements & Remarks
‣ For participants age 18 onwards
‣ Workshop will be conducted in English language
‣ Participants to bring their own cat
‣ 1 sign-up accommodates 1 cat
‣ Each cat can have up to a max of 2 accompanying guardians. (i.e. 1 sign-up = 1 cat + 2 related guardians)
‣ Kindly understand that this workshop is not suitable for parasite-infested and infectious disease cases for the health & safety of other participants.
‣ Not suitable for special needs cases (grooming-traumatised, reactive, etc.) due to the nature of workshop. Do enquire to discuss personalised workshop options.
‣ Not suitable for badly matted coats due to the nature of the workshop.
Desmond Chan, CFMG
Certified Feline Master Groomer
Fear-Free Certified Professional
An award-winning groomer with over a decade of experience, Desmond’s passion lies in driving a collective change for a trauma-sensitive perception and approach towards pet grooming through education. Fuelled by optimism, compassion and the desire to learn, he constantly seeks evidence-based knowledge beyond the grooming table that supports the alleviation of grooming trauma faced by both pets and their caregivers.
From non-profits, educational institutions to corporations, Desmond finds joy in sharing his expertise to help pet guardians and their pets thrive with grooming situations.